Slow Roasted Rack of Lamb With Mint
Posted by Editor
Whether you celebrate Christmas in July, or just want a delicious family-style meal, this succulent rack of lamb is the perfect recipe!
• Juice from 4-6 large pomegranates or 2 cups POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
• 2 racks of lamb, frenched and trimmed of fat
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup mint leaves
• 4 tablespoons dry sherry
• 1 bay leaf
• 3 tablespoons orange blossom honey
• Skin of 1 apple (any variety)
• In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook pomegranate juice, sherry, bay leaf, honey and apple skin; reduce by half.
• Remove from heat and discard bay leaf and apple skin.
• Allow reduction to cool; divide evenly and save in two separate containers.
• In a blender, place 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mint leaves; blend until smooth.
• Combine the mint and oil mixture with half of the pomegranate reduction to make molasses. Set aside and keep warm.
• Salt and pepper the lamb and set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 160°C
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a cast iron skillet.
• Brown the lamb on all sides. Place lamb on a roasting rack over a shallow pan and brush on all sides with the remaining pomegranate reduction.
• Roast in preheated oven.
• Baste lamb every 7 minutes (5 times). Lamb should be done to medium rare when a meat thermometer inserted reads 58°C.
• Remove lamb from the oven and allow to rest for 7 to 10 minutes before carving into chops. Allow 3 to 4 chops per serving or a half rack per person.
• Drizzle with mint-pomegranate molasses and serve this pomegranate recipe hot
Serves 4 people (approx.)
Do you celebrate Christmas in July?