Step-By-Step Natural Makeup From NY Fashion Week
Natural Makeup How-To From NY Fashion Week
Posted by Editor
Aveda's Global Educator Janell Geason created this gorgeous, glowing look for the ORGANIC by John Patrick show at NY Fashion Week. It's a beautiful look for daytime and is a standout for night alongside on-trend nude, beige and camel.
1. Prep skin with Aveda Tourmaline Charged Hydrating Creme for luminosity.
2. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Blush Brush (#9), lightly apply Aveda Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture SPF 15 to the face for extra glow.
3. Apply Aveda Inner Light Concealer to even skin tone under the eye and set with Aveda Inner Light Mineral Loose Translucent Powder. Skin should look hydrated and glowing.
4. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Blush Brush (#9) gently brush Aveda Petal Essence Single Eye Color in Opal (or similar light, natural shade) to highlight the areas where natural light reflects: bridge of the nose, center of the forehead, chin and cheek bones. Skin should look hydrated and glowing.
1. Prep eyelids with Aveda Inner Light Concealer to even skin tone.
2. Using the Aveda Flax Sticks Medium Eye Color Brush (#2), apply Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Gobi Sands—using the middle color of the palette—from the lash line to the brow. Use the Aveda Flax Sticks Eye Smudger (#5) to brush that same color along bottom lash line. For a dewy effect, dab a drop of Aveda All Sensitive Body Formula on the centers of each eyelid for a dewy finish.
3. Curl lashes and lightly apply Aveda Mosscara in Earth to top and bottom lashes.
1. Prime lips with Aveda Nourish-Mint Lip Definer. Lightly apply Aveda Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Opal with fingertips.
2. Touch Aveda Nourish-Mint Rehydrating Lip Glaze in Morning Rose to the center of the lip for a hint of color.
Are you a fan of the natural makeup look or do you prefer more daring colours?